Monday, June 23, 2008

Why I don't like Kevin J Anderson

or at least his writing style.

HE WASTES PAPER BY TELLING ME SHIT I ALREADY KNOW!!

Every Dune book I have read the that he co-wrote with Brian Herbert is annoying in the fact that they have like little "re-caps" both from previous books and from earlier in the book. I thought it might just be Brian Herbert but then I read a KJA Star Wars novel again and noticed the "recaps".
Why? Do you really think someone reading Hunters of Dune chose that as they're first Dune novel to read? And even if they did for some reason, the little recaps don't tell enough of the story that you could have skipped the first 6 books and still be even close to understanding the back story.
But, eventhough it is super annoying, I still read the books because it's Dune.

No comments: