Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Deck done.

I finished building the deck this morning. Looks good. Now for a few days of no rain so I can stain it. Need to be dry for like 48 hours, and not get rained on for 24 hours after. I was enjoying a beer (Golden Pheasant, Hurbanovo Brewery, Hurbanovo, Slovakia. Awesome.) on it, but it started to rain. Big surprise there, I'm on holidays.

We went over to the Forestell's last night for a swim/playdate/BBQ. We all had a lot of fun. It was really nice to visit with other parents with kids about the same age that "get it". We had the same issues with the kids, the same struggles with balancing kids and housework and all that. It was great. Great. Great!

And since it's pouring rain out, I will do a bunch of laundry and maybe dishes. I should eat lunch too. I skipped breakfast. Bad me. I am pretty tired and sore so I think I may veg for a bit. Girls have swimming lessons at 4 but I don't know if it's gonna happen. Rain. I dare not close my eyes. I won't wake up in time to pick them up.

No comments: