Monday, December 14, 2009

Not only am I bored, I'm feeling "ranty"

Here goes.

Ever since they changed the hiring process at work, the new hires are becoming increasingly "questionable". To put it nicely. Nate and Adam's group wasn't bad but after that....

They're getting cocky. You're productivity is higher than mine? So what. I still make more money than you.

Lazy, lazy, lazy! Oh dear gawd, lazy! Taking shortcuts, not following procedure, more concern for numbers than actually doing it right. And who has to clean up the mess? Me. And the other people that should let them learn from their mistakes the hard way. Trouble is, most of the time they wouldn't be the ones getting burned by it. So we'd have to fix it anyway. Don't get me wrong, when I was new I made some mistakes too but it wasn't because I was being lazy. If anything, it was because I was trying to do (the right thing) too much.

The guy I am working with tonight is especially aggravating. I don't want to go into specifics because I don't want to get in trouble.

It seriously makes me wonder how these people made it through the process when I know at least a half dozen people that would be ten times better than some of these guys who haven't made it through.

Maybe idiocy is just drawn to me.

No comments: