Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Amelia's funny sometimes

Amelia's first "real" exposure to hockey was the Winter Classic on New Year's Day (She is usually in bed before any games start). She looked at the screen and asked me what it was. I told her it was hockey. And now she is pretty much obsessed. Everytime she sees hockey on the tv, "Pockey! Pockey!" (sometimes she says hockey) But when football is on, it's "pockey!" So she hasn't really differentiated the two sports yet. But she isn't even 2 yet so I can understand if she just sees is grown men in shoulder pads and helmets playing a sport on a big rectangularish area.

The really cool thing is, she specifically associates hockey with the Chicago Blackhawks!! She'll see my toque and says hockey. She will see my hat and say hockey. She saw my jersey and said hockey. So to her, hockey IS the Blackhawks. Same with me. Well, it looks like I'm doing something right!!!

No comments: