Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grace had a party!!

Grace had a party for her 5th birthday on Saturday. She had lots of fun. There was friends from school, friends from daycare, cousins and other friends. They did some crafts, decorated (and ate) cupcakes, played some games and opened some gifts. I got to meet some of her friends from school. Mixed first impressions. They made lots of noise and plenty of mess, but they had fun. It really made me feel like a dad. I do everyday but I felt like other people identified me as "Grace's dad". Nobody called me Mr. Hinch, so that's good. That would just make me feel old. Although, I did almost have one the parents convinced that TV was only in black and white when I was a kid. Almost.

2 comments:

Umo said...

You've been called Mr. Hinch for well over 15 years now...

Matt Hinch said...

Very true. When it comes from someone older (your dad) it makes me feel respected. When it comes from someone younger (5 year old kids) it makes me feel old. hahaha