Tuesday, May 5, 2009

after the weekend

We had a pretty eventful weekend so to speak. Friday night we sent the kids to Gramma and Grampa's for the night. Becky and I went to Chad and Kelly's for some adult time. We did adult things. Like drinking and such. And liberal use of the english language. We watched a couple movies. Bride Wars and The Day the Earth Stood Still. The former was alright for that kind of movie and the later wasn't bad either but it was rather late and I was having alot of trouble staying awake. I know I missed some of it.

Saturday we went to Tammy's for brunch with Chad and Kelly and then went out to a yard sale of sorts. It was all the stuff they cleared out of storage units when people didn't pay their bill. We got an assortment of stuff for dirt cheap. They said they'll be doing it all summer on the weekends. Cool. We picked up the girls and had a visit. I took a dip in the hot tub. Then we skipped into Kingston for a couple things.

Sunday we did the usual trip to the farm. I calf that Grace named Pretty (it was a pretty cow) licked my hand. Grace didn't want me to touch her with that hand. After that, Becky went to 90th birthday party for her great-aunt. She left us home because she didn't think it was going to be much a kids thing. Turns out, alot of her family was there that she hadn't seen in ages and they were all asking about the kids! Plus, her cousin had his daughter/son (I can't remember. I'm awful) there who is 3 and the girls could have played with her/him. Too late now! Later that evening I went to an amazing concert in Kingston (Kylesa/Intronaut. Read the show review at www.kingdomofnoise.blogspot.com) I got to interview a couple members of Kylesa. Awesome.I had a great time but my neck suffered for it. Not the worst case of self-induced whiplash I've had but it's not comfy.

Monday was pretty easy. Moved some more stuff around for the living room/studio swap. Fixed the wardrobe. Took a 3 hour nap. Made sausages and burgers on the BBQ and took the scooter to work. Easy night too. In the lab.

No comments: