Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy early Birthday to me!

My wife Rebecca is notoriously bad for not being able to wait til the actual occasion to give gifts. Birthdays, Christmas, whatever. This year she was so excited she gave me a gift almost a full week early. She said it was just a small one. In a way, she was right. It's a netbook! A mini-laptop! It's pretty bodacious. I think it's great. It was cheaper than an ebook reader and it does more than just display text. Duh. I'm mainly going to use it to watch movies Becky isn't interested in on my breaks at work and read the multitude of ebooks I have downloaded. Of course, I'll go on the internet too. It's got more storage than my desktop (80 vs 140GB) and because I am only using it for a few things, it's not going to get all clogged up with programs I don't use.

I need to put some Virus protection on it. I think I'll use Avast. It's free and I hear it's good. I also need to figure out why the wireless connectivity is giving me problems. I know it's something minor and I am just missing it. I should check the setting on the old laptop PC and match them up. I'll figure it out. In the meantime, I have to finish watching Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.

No comments: