Thursday, November 26, 2009

Not in the right headspace

I've been reading The Key to Theosophy by H.P. Blavatsky.  It's really interesting stuff. It's formed as a question and answer explaining what Theosophy is basically. What their beliefs are and what not. Lots of stuff about Karma and re-incarnation. It holds many parallels with Buddhism. But it's not simple stuff. First of all, it was written in 1889 so the language is a little different. Plus, the concepts are quite complicated. So I really have to have my "head in the game" to comprehend it. My head is not in the game tonight. Problem is, the only other thing I have to read is writings by Aristotle! Even older writings and just as (if not more) complicated! So I am wasting the time away blogging about it.

I was going to start reading The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hall on my next break but I don't think I am in the mood for that tonight either. I may just whip out my notebook and write down whatever comes to mind. Make notes about whatever music I am listening to. What I should do is meditate. I need it.

No comments: