Friday, August 8, 2008

Heavy Metal in Baghdad

I watched this documentary movie today and let me tell you, it's an eye-opener. It chronicles the Iraqi heavy metal band Acrassicauda and their struggle to be a heavy metal band in war-torn Baghdad, express themselves and flat out survive.
It really shows how oppressed the Iraqi people are since America moved in to liberate them. Kind of ironic.
I highly highly highly recommend checking this movie out. Even if you aren't a fan of heavy metal, you should still watch it based on how it shows how real people have to deal with all the crap going on in Iraq.
If you want to watch it and can't find it online (isohunt.com) I can get it to you somehow.

Keep on headbangin' in the free world.

PS: The guy who made this is Canadian, so that's awesome. And no, it's not Sam Dunn. World Metal isn't out yet. I don't think. The guy is Eddy Moretti. Genius.

No comments: